Energy & Projects Engineer
Glasgow £33,000 to £41,000 depending on experience
Due to our expanding portfolio we are currently seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced engineering consultant to join our team. At Synergie Environ we can offer an unrivalled opportunity to gain experience across a range of low-carbon technologies and to learn new skills in a rapidly evolving environment.
We are a rapidly expanding energy engineering consultancy based in Glasgow currently working on a range of exciting energy projects including anaerobic digestion, biogas to grid, district heating, geo-thermal and industrial energy efficiency to a range of private and public clients.
Core Duties Include:
- Leading the delivery of client projects as required to meet agreed timetables and within budget;
- Provision of technical support to other team members as required;
- Prepare and submit clear, concise project reports which meet or exceed client expectations;
- Secure new public and private sector projects by contributing to, and on occasions leading responses to tender, by networking and face to face meetings with prospective clients;
- Develop, negotiate and define project briefs with clients;
- Develop strong relationships with new and existing clients with a focus on new and repeat business;
- Development of technical knowledge base through research and on the job training across all required engineering disciplines;
- Record and regularly report time spent and progress on projects to Senior Management; and
- Ensuring all project documentation is kept up to date including, ensuring project plans are revised regularly and all supporting information is stored securely.
Key Skills Required:
- Honours degree in chemical, mechanical, renewable energy, electrical engineering or similar (except civil engineering degrees;
- At least 5 years post-graduation experience of providing energy engineering support to clients;
- Qualifications and experience that meet the standards required for Incorporated Engineer status (set by the Engineering Council UK);
- A current health and safety qualification (e.g. Passport to Safety certificate/passport, National General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health);
- Excellent client-facing and proven business development skills;
- Excellent presentational and report-writing skills;
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a creative attitude to problem-solving; and
- Good IT skills (preferably including engineering design applications).
If you are interested in a challenging career in low carbon engineering then send a covering bespoke letter with your CV to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE – IF A BESPOKE COVERING LETTER IS NOT RECEIVED WITH THE CV YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
Stage 1 – if successful at CV stage you will be invited to an HR telephone interview;
Stage 2 – candidates successful at stage 1 will be asked to undertake a technical exercise in their own time and submit a report with their findings for review
Stage 3 – following a successful review of the technical report, candidates will be invited to a one to one interview at the company HQ in Glasgow.