Synergie Environ were commissioned to develop an Energy Action Plan for a large scale brewery client. An extensive site visit was undertaken with the client to identify opportunities to develop projects which would save the client both money and carbon. A very broad range of savings measures were identified at the site which included:
- Development of an automated monitoring and reporting system;
- Replace automated boiler blow down recovery;
- Installation of flue gas economisers to steam boilers;
- Improve recovery of boiler condensate;
- Repair of leaks in compressed air distribution network;
The combined package of measures identified were estimated to save the company over £850K per annum with identified carbon savings of over 120,000 tonnes per annum. The combined payback of the package of measures was less than 1 year.