Synergie Environ are hiring a Client Site & Contract Engineer
Client Site & Contract Engineer
We are a rapidly expanding energy engineering consultancy based in Glasgow currently working on a range of exciting energy projects including anaerobic digestion, biogas to grid, district heating, geo-thermal and industrial energy efficiency to a range of private and public clients.
Due to our expanding portfolio we are currently seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced engineering consultant to join our team to deliver projects on site for our candidate must have significant site based experience in managing complex, multi-disciplinary contracts on site, particularly on behalf of the clients with a track record of successful delivery of projects on time and on budget.
At Synergie Environ we can offer an unrivalled opportunity to gain experience across a range of low-carbon technologies and to learn new skills in a rapidly evolving environment.
Core Duties Include:
- On site project and contract management of projects on behalf of the client;
- Leading the on site delivery of client projects as required to meet agreed timetables and within budget;
- Provision of technical support to other team members as required;
- Prepare and submit clear, concise project reports which meet or exceed client expectations;
- Secure new public and private sector projects by contributing to, and on occasions leading responses to tender, by networking and face to face meetings with prospective clients;
- Develop, negotiate and define project briefs with clients;
- Develop strong relationships with new and existing clients with a focus on new and repeat business;
- Development of technical knowledge base through research and on the job training across all required engineering disciplines;
- Ensuring all project documentation is kept up to date including, ensuring project plans are revised regularly and all supporting information is stored securely.
Key Skills Required:
- Honours degree in chemical, mechanical, process or similar;
- Minimum 6 years post-graduation experience of providing energy engineering support to clients;
- Extensive on site management of complex, multi-disciplinary projects with and M&E and process engineering focus;
- Experience in a range of contract forms (e.g. IChemE, NEC 3, FIDIC etc);
- Project Management experience of complex projects including project planning and use of software tools (e.g. MS Project, Primavera etc.)
- Qualifications and experience that meet the standards required for a minimum of Incorporated Engineer status (set by the Engineering Council UK);
- A current health and safety qualification (e.g. Passport to Safety certificate/passport, National General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health);
- Excellent client-facing and proven business development skills;
- Excellent presentational and report-writing skills;
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a creative attitude to problem-solving; and
- Good IT skills (preferably including engineering design applications).
- Knowledge or experience of the waste management and process sector;
- Experience of onsite delivery of complex engineering projects; and
If you are the person to drive our projects forward click “Apply” and forward your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are applying for this role, what relevant transferrable skills you think you have and how these skills can be used to deliver the type of projects we currently have on our books.
Stage 1 – if successful at CV stage you will be invited to an HR telephone interview;
Stage 2 – following a successful HR interview, candidates will be invited to a one to one interview at the company HQ in Glasgow.
PLEASE NOTE – IF A BESPOKE COVERING LETTER IS NOT RECEIVED WITH THE CV YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.