Synergie was contracted to carry out fourteen Love Food Hate Waste (LFHW) food waste reduction workshops in Glasgow which involved organising venues, recruitment of attendees and delivering the workshops. The objective of the work was to:
- help attendees recognise that they waste food and the value of that to them;
- raise awareness of the financial and environmental impacts of food waste;
- provide tips and advice on how to reduce food and drink waste at home to drive behaviour change;
- provide evidence of impact/food waste reduction by attendees; and
- help and motivate attendees to cascade this training to friends, family, colleagues, and communities (as appropriate) reaching the maximum number of cascades.
A total of 164 attendees from twenty-five organisations took part in the workshops ranging from service providers, public sector, community groups, businesses and education. Those that attended provided us with extremely positive feed back on the workshops with:
- 98% finding the workshop to be either extremely or very useful;
- 72% indicating that the workshops exceeded their expectations.
As part of this contract ten one-page case studies were also completed to showcase training successes and lessons learnt based on what people and organisations had done as a result of attending the sessions.